|Installation view of Texas Design Now at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston, 2015. Photo by Paul Hester.|
- Several Sonic Fabric garments are included in the TEXAS DESIGN NOW exhibition (August 21 through November 29) at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston. I participated in a panel discussion at the museum on Saturday September 26th.
- My article The Art of Ontological Revolution using the philosoprops in a discussion of feminist-physicist-philosopher Karen Barad's notions of multispecies intra-activity is included in the Summer 2015 issue of Antennae: The Journal of Nature in Visual Culture.
- My article on how sound shapes the experience of living, Introduction to Rhythmanalysis: Psychogeography and the Phenomenology of Acoustic Atmosphere, was published this summer in Chilean sound art magazine AURAL: Geografías Audibles.
- 4. UPCOMING: I'm very excited about an article that's set to come out in the Nov/Dec 2015 "Politics & Sound Art" issue of Leonardo Music Journal. This piece is modeled after one that appeared in the famed SOURCE: MUSIC OF THE AVANT GARDE magazine in 1969 – twenty composers were asked a single question: "Have you, or has anyone, ever used your work for political or social ends?" I look forward to being back in touch with an update the moment LMJ #25 is available!
- ALSO UPCOMING: Julian Mock and I (aka: Projects for Prepared Ear) are thrilled to have been invited to present our Graphic Mode Charts at the New Music Gathering at the Peabody School of Music in Baltimore this January! More later on this as well.
- For anyone interested in having a look: SONICFABRIC.COM has recently received a total re-design.